I've received some requests for the fabulous Crockpot Enchilada (CPE) recipe. So... rather than continue to email around, here you go! {As mentioned, got the idea from the lovely Lee and made it my own...so can you!}
Ingredients
6 tortillas (any kind)
4 to 6 chicken breasts (frozen)
2 cans enchilada sauce (can be green or red)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I have also used the Fiesta Nacho soup by campbells for a cheesy flavor)
1 can tomatoes / chiles mix (you can use rotel for this)
additional veggies as desired
taco seasoning or additional spices
cheese (I use a shredded mix and add either during the last hour or just on top after cooking)
Mix the enchilada sauce, soup, tomatoes, and veggies together to create sauce mixture
Layer ingredients as follows
2 Tortillas
2 to 3 Chicken breasts (can be seasoned with taco seasoning or other spices)
1/3 Sauce Mix
Repeat once
Top with the remaining 2 tortillas and sauce mix
Cook on low for about 10 hours (you can cook longer if needed)
Finished product will be a little soupy, but can be served in a bowl or on a plate {or on a bed of chips to make nachos}.
**I love this recipe because it is super flexible. You can spice it up by adding fresh jalapenos, green chiles, hot rotel, or anything else for a good kick. This is a great recipe to build up your veggie intake as well. You could probably also make it vegetarian by subbing in rice or beans. The sky is the limit. Basically, just throw a bunch of mexican food ingredients in the crockpot, and you are good to go!
1 comment:
Sounds simple and yummy!
I'd like the recipe for the peanut butter brownies! Those sound delectable!
Hope you're having a good Thursday :)
Post a Comment