Monday, January 17, 2011

monday musings: i heart nordstrom

The mister had a work event on Friday night...so I did what I know how to do best...shopping!  I'm a huge fan of good deals - it's all about getting a good bang for your buck!  I've recently discovered a deep love for all things Nordstrom {but only on sale - including fab finds from the Rack}.  I recently purchased this gorgeous watch for half-price at Nordy's after Christmas.  Pure love.

So I ventured to the Rack on Friday night and fell in love with some new brands, including Halogen, Bobeau, and Audrey & Grace {although you can't find it at the regular Nordy's}.  I walked away with some great finds, including an embellished cardi {a Stringer wardrobe staple} and a loud necklace {also very much a staple in my outfits}.  All for a decent price!  I always thought Nordy's was way out of my price range, but I'm thinking this just might be my new spot to find good work clothes that aren't your average finds.  I also spotted and hearted {my new fave phrase courtesy of You are My Fave} a gold-metallic MK purse at Marshalls {not this exact one, but pretty similar}.  For some reason I am really digging gold these days...especially paired with white.  I think I can rock it... but we will see. 

What do you think?  Worth the {reasonable} splurge?     

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hi Melissa! I'm friends of Bob and Lee. Lee told me about your blog so I'm checking it out. Glad to hear about Nordstrom's bargains - the last time I shopped there - a hundred years ago - it was expensive. Thanks for the shopping tips. I'll also check out your music suggestions. My twin sister has a blog at handmeupclothing.com if you ever have time to have a look see. She is older but really with-it on decorating and photography. from ~Yvonne Trent

Lee Stringer said...

I never ceased to be amazed at your shopping prowess! Could you tutor me in that area? Seriously, I do happen upon some good deals occasionally but realize catching more will require the opportunity to shop more. Keep posting those shopping tips! All posts are very entertaining!