Monday, January 24, 2011

monday musings: i heart the kitchen

Ahh, it's Monday again...hope my little blogger friends are well rested and ready for another CRAZY week!

This weekend, I focused on resolution #3.  I'm recently obsessed with crock pot enchiladas.  My MIL Lee has made these before but I finally buckled down and gave it a whirl these past 2 weekends.  I jazzed it up a bit because I love my food with a little kick and it was a hit for friends and family.  Basically, we just layered tortillas, frozen chicken, green enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, tomatoes, and peppers - then cook on low for 10+ hours and you have a masterpiece.

I also dabbled in some brownie-making on Sunday and whipped up 3 batches {sorry no pics - camera is dead} including chocolate peanut butter, dark chocolate raspberry, and dark chocolate orange.  I got rave reviews from my small group gals

Which, let me just brag about this group of women.  They are incredible.  They keep me going when life gets tough.  They encourage me daily.  They are real and authentic...they don't skirt around tough issues and always challenge me to be a better friend, wife, co-worker, sister, daughter, and self.  We are so blessed to be part of something so wonderful and so much bigger than ourselves.

Hope you have a great Monday and start to another week! 

4 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

OMG the dark chocolate raspberry is awesome!!

Lee Stringer said...

I love that you took CPE and added your own touch! That's what I love about really cooking. You can take a basic recipe and twist it anyway you want! Now, please pass on the brownie ideas!

Angie said...

Please share Aunt Lee's enchilada recipe with us!! Pleeeasssee?

Julie said...

I am going to make these this week. Sounds really good. Also, Lee has a blog?!