Monday, February 7, 2011

monday musings: i heart yarn wreaths

I am obsessed with yarn wreaths.  I have made so many since this one {here is the tutorial}.  Over Christmas break, I made one of these beauties for pretty much anyone I had to get a gift for... and made a few extras for myself including these below.

{happy v-day!}

{office french doors - love the color scheme - thanks LP for the idea!}

On Saturday, I attended the Star Wars watching party I mentioned with my WM friends... and brought some crafts to keep me busy {just in case}.  My friend Amber and I made wreaths... of course hers is purple and gold {geaux tigers!}


{it turned out great!}

{sorry, dull lighting - but it's super cute!}

The rest of the weekend was good {but super quick}.  I made some brownies and cupcakes for my parent's Super Bowl party - still waiting on the official results from Mama Landry if they were a hit.  The Star Wars bash was pretty fun and I actually enjoyed the movies {didn't think I would}.  I wish I had taken pics of the party because the St. Clairs went all out with decorations and a royal red carpet outside.  Loved it!  Then I headed to the airport Sunday morning {and missed all of the crazy Super Bowl madness in the Big D} for my trip to Langhorne, PA.  We ventured to a local tavern in small town america {Yardley} to enjoy the big game and rather lame commercials.  I was pretty disappointed - the only really good commercial was the Darth Vader kid... so I will leave you with that!  Happy Monday, kids! 

1 comment:

Lee Stringer said...

I heart yarn wreaths, as well! My big red front door boasts the one I received for Christmas. Yay!