No blog posts in the past month since I have been on the road for work. I've got a little bit of a reprieve this week and am so grateful the holidays are among us! I haven't had a lot of time for crafting on the weekends, but I was able to finish this beauty late last night while watching repeats of old CSI episodes. I probably should have been writing a report for work, but a girl has to get creative sometimes...and I am pretty sure my manager would rather me not get too creative in my reports :)
What do you think? I'm working on 2 more for the french doors on the study. By the time I finish them, though, my fall wreaths will not be necessary because Christmas will be here! I saw the inspiration for these wreaths on my favorite craft blog. She spotlights different crafts and I was thrilled to see this tutorial. I might just make one for every holiday - super cute and easy on the wallet {I know the Mr. appreciates that!}
Last Friday night, the Mr. and I got to see my bff {she just doesn't know it yet} perform at House of Blues. She overdelivered an incredible show. I was in such need to hear some REAL music with depth and be reminded of how much more there is to life. The best part about her show is that she doesn't make plugs for herself (sure there is a merch table) but pleads for the crowd to do something to make this world better for those who have less. For her 27th birthday, she is trying to raise $50K for clean water wells in Africa. How many people do you know that choose to refuse all gifts and ask for support for those who can't help themselves? How refreshing! I love the message and I love the power that clean water provides. It brings hope to those who have no hope. The Mr. and I have joined the water crusade - and it is amazing to see how many people are supporting this vision today. I read a lot of blogs to get craft or recipe ideas, to catch up with friends, or to just escape. I love seeing this movement on other people's minds and in their words and using their blogs to promote a better world. Watermark also supports clean water dwelling and I hope you will consider the impact of clean water on your life... and give thanks especially during this season.
To continue with the water theme... I'll leave you with Brooke!
Next up - a week full of posts for thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment