I am thankful for my family. I have been so richly blessed to have wonderful parents who love me without end. They have provided for me and made sure I had a good childhood filled with great education, strong friends, and a solid faith. They taught me the important things in life like playing well with others and being honest. They supported me through everything including 10 years of volleyball practices, games, tournaments, and summer camps. They cheered me on in the classroom as well and really pushed us to earn good grades. They were thrilled with my decision to attend ACU and supported me while I was away for four years. They supported my decisions to go to New Zealand and study abroad {and even came to visit me down under!} They have watched me make decisions, both good and bad, but have stood by side through everything. I know I made a good decision in choosing to marry Jeff. They just love him... and how could they not?! They have watched me earn a living and support myself but have always been there with open arms a full pantry any time I wanted a home-cooked meal. They have been an example of a strong marriage (38 years) and what it takes to keep that love alive.
{the harbour bridge in sydney - it's WAY famous}
I have always been Daddy's little girl. I just adore my dad. He has always worked hard to provide for us and has taught me the value of a strong work ethic. My dad has a lot of love for life and bleeds purple and gold {geaux tigers}! He is full of spunk and personality and loves to tell jokes - it's his way of making sure everyone has a great time. But underneath all of that LSU / Saints pride is a man who loves his family immensely. He recognizes his blessings and doesn't take anything for granted. He never hesitates to remind me just how much I am loved.
Since I left home for college, my mom and I have developed a strong relationship. She has become one of my best friends. She was there for me during every hard heartache whether it was caused by family or friends or organizations. She always reassured me that my identity was not in who I was dating, who I was friends with, or to what group I belonged. She has always encouraged me to do my best and above all to be the best person I can be.
I am bummed this year we can't celebrate Thanksgiving with my brothers. They are hilarious and fun to be around, especially since I don't get to see them very often. Growing up, my brothers tormented me {what older brother didn't?!} but we have grown much closer these past few years. They still see me as their baby sister, but also as an adult and friend.
Since marrying Jeff, I have been blessed with another amazing family. The Stringer crew has taken me in and loved me from the beginning. I think the first time I met anyone in the family was at a reunion with aunts, uncles, cousins... the whole she-bang. I guess I did well enough to make the cut! Jeff really has a great family and I am so fortunate to be part of it. I have been blessed with extended brothers, sisters, parents, and an adorable niece and nephew. I love the holiday gatherings in the country because it means we get to see everyone. There is guaranteed good conversation, laughter, and magic snow! To the Stringer ladies - I still think you should all join the blogging world so I can keep up with you {and so I have more blog friends!}


2 comments:
I love the Thanksgiving challenge posts! What an awesome way to show the people in your lives how much you care about them. I can't wait until Christmas. Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys then. Have a great day!
Agree with Paige--I like the Thanksgiving challenge. I love keeping up with you via blog. (And this Stringer girl does have a blog: thedailyhudson.blogspot.com.)
Post a Comment