Friday, November 26, 2010

t-giving challenge: tuesday - mr. stringer

Of course I am thankful for my other half.  I wouldn't be who I am without him.  I love Jeff with every ounce I can.  He truly is such a blessing in my life. 

I don't want to get all gushy on here because I don't want to make you sick.  And I know the mister always shies away from any attention he gets.  But I feel like sometimes he just needs to know how much joy he brings to my life. 

He adores me {who wouldn't - jk!} and never lets a day go by without reminding me of his love.  He doesn't sweat the small stuff and might be THE MOST laid back person I know... you don't know how thankful I am for this!  He is a big dreamer and isn't scared to share his ridiculous thoughts with me.  Most often his dreams have to do with baseball, the Texas Rangers, or winning the lottery.  We often talk about what we would do if we hypothetically won the lottery.  His first response is always to give it away.  To give it to things we believe in... from clean water wells in Africa to local organizations providing hope to those who have no hope.  I love his heart because he doesn't just talk about giving but makes it a priority in our everyday lives to think about and act justly for those who have far less than we do.   I love that I can be so proud of him not becuase of his accomplishments {although I am proud of those as well} but because of who he is and who he strives to be.  He constantly extends grace and mercy to me.  He challenges me to think differently and meet others where they are.  He leads our marriage and makes our relationship a priority.  He is a true joy to be around with his light-hearted attitude and warm spirit. 

I could continue to brag about how wonderful Jeff is... and I am sure he would secretly be okay with that!  But, I'll just say my life has been radically different since we met a little over five years ago.  I am beyond blessed and grateful I have such a wonderful friend to walk with through this life.  To my best friend and soulmate - thanks for encouraging me and loving me with all your heart!

No comments: