Sunday, November 28, 2010

t-giving challenge: wednesday - bffs

Today I am thankful for my best friends... specifically these two:
I met Mares in second grade and we have been good friends from the beginning (that makes us friends for about 18 years).  We became bff during middle/high school and I am so grateful for her.  She is a wonderful friend who is authentic and such a joy to be around.  She loves to have fun and is a great person to call when I want to induldge in some chocolate or a cookie monster.  Mares always makes an effort to stay in touch and our friendship has really grown throughout college and during the first few years in the real world.  I am so grateful she lives nearby and married such a fun husband.  We love being around them - it is a guaranteed good time!

If I had to pick one picture that describes our friendship it's this one:
Mares is a princess {and knows it! jk!}.  She loves the fine things in life but has a good head on her shoulders and is completely content in the blessings she has.  She is a true encourager and always wants to know what is going on and if there is anything she can do to help {that might be the counselor side coming out}.

I met Steph in high school through mutual friends.  We had a class together in 10th grade and became good friends right away.  I have been beyond blessed to have this girl in my life the past 10 years.  She is a true friend who is real in all aspects.  She has such a love for life and travel and is always up for trying anything new.  Steph is always a great listener and gives people the benefit of the doubt.  I am so grateful she took a job here in town a few years ago and I have the blessing to hang out with her pretty often.

If I had to pick one picture that describes our friendship it's this one:
Steph is not afraid to get soaked in the rain for a good concert.  She loves to have a good time and makes anything a fun event.  Her laugh is contagious and her spirits are always high.  She has a true joy for life that can only be found beyond all circumstances.  Steph sees the good in all situations.

To my wonderful bffs - thank you so much for the joy you bring to my life.  Thanks for being my support system... for always listening to me and encouraging me.  Thanks for always wanting to have fun together and being the best friends a girl could ask for.  I can't wait to see where the next 10 years take us!  CHEERS!

No comments: