Two weekends ago, we had some WM friends over for dinner and indulged in "fancy grilled cheese" sandwiches. Loved it. My fave: pepperjack, bacon, avocado. The mister's fave: cheddar, bacon, jalapenos. AND, have you seen America's Next Great Restaurant? I'm kind of rooting for Meltworks - sure would love a restaurant solely dedicated to innovative grilled cheese sandwiches!
Mr. Stringer had a free hotel stay we had to use by the end of the month, so we stayed in the Big D last weekend for a night. We had margs at Cyclone Anaya's (one was enough!), had pork chops at Smoke (amazing), enjoyed some latin croissant's at Zaguan for breakfast, and hit up the C&B outlet (was a bit disappointed). On Saturday, I met up with my bff Steph and her sweet college friends for a fabulous lunch at Nieman's (chicken salad was legit). We finally did some much-needed yardwork before a night of tivo catch-up and italian at Palio's (love this place since it's byob).
We finally bought some new furniture! We are picking up these gorgeous shelves on Wednesday and I cannot wait to put them together! Maybe I will finally find my camera charger and post an 'after' pic next week. Here is my vision! Can't wait for Mr. Stringer to take me shopping at Central Market for some vino!
In other news, my friend Melanie is home from Japan - I got to see her this weekend! What a blessing. Also, my bracket is shot. I'm betting yours is too. Oh well - there is always next year. I also bought two new albums recently. I big time reccomend both of these treasures (21 and Closer).
*I love the intro pic - we had national training a few weeks ago and I took a course on writing. We happened to cover the power of a comma in our training... and this is a perfect example! Poor grandpa!


2 comments:
First of all, LOVE that pic. Laughed out loud.
Second of all, those grilled cheeses sound amazing and Preston LOVES him some grilled cheese.
Third of all, miss you and want to see your face.
"We should split these documents up and each highlight the important parts."
"Why? Slow reader?"
HAHAHAHAHHA!
Post a Comment