Monday, March 14, 2011

monday musings: i heart the bachelor


Did you kids happen to catch The Bachelor tonight?  Not quite what I was expecting... I mean, I was expecting him to pick Emily, but did not expect the awkwardness of the ATFR show.  Little Miss Emily sure didn't seem as perfect after the final rose... but I still have my hopes they might make it.  I'm too pooped to stay up late and watch the big Jimmy Kimmel reveal of our new Bachelorette, but rumor has it the coveted title will be filled by Ashley H.  Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm sure I will watch.  What are your thoughts on tonight's Bachelor?

Shifting gears...Japan update!  Continue to pray for my friends.  Pray that fears are calmed and rest can finally be found between all of the aftershocks.  Melanie was originally scheduled to come home at the end of the month... but maybe sooner if possible.  Please keep the people of Japan in your thoughts.  The images on CNN continue to amaze me and I can hardly imagine what is going through the minds of Japan's people.  We are all reminded that homes have been destroyed, possessions have been lost, and families have been devastated.  Even though we are oceans apart, we can all relate with the emotions of the human heart.  My heart aches for all who have been affected, but I'm hopeful for relief and restoration.  Stay tuned!   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was SO awkward but I side with Emily. She's so right. I mean if he KNEW he loved her from the very beginning was it really necessary to go to the Fantasy Suite with Chantal? I don't think so (no matter what the show encourages him to do). With that said, I don't really think any of the girls who join the show realize how horrible it is going to be to watch their significant other (if they get picked) kiss a bunch of other girls EVERY WEEK! Can you imagine having to watch that?! I know it's "what they sign up for" but they still have the option of saying no in the end if they don't like what they see which is the beauty of the show in my opinion. Emily turned the tables and I LOVE IT! Plus, I kinda have a friend crush on Emily...not gonna lie. I selfishly want her to end up with Brad so that when she moves to Austin I can accidentally bump into her some time and be her bff! :)

P.S. I used to hate this show. Now I love it for what I used to hate...pure stupidity.
P.S.S. Not watching the bachelorette. Not an Ashley H. fan. I think it would have been a LOT more interesting had they chosen Michelle! :)

Miranda Thompson said...

I'm with you on the Bachelor. Super awkward after show. I love all the drama though. Not thrilled about Ashley either, but I'm sure I'll watch. I always do. :)