It seems a bit too selfish to post about my weekend when our world has been shaken. Thanks for keeping Melanie in your thoughts and prayers. She is such a special friend to me {I've known her most of my life and we were college roommates} and I just love her family. She's been in Japan with another sweet friend from ACU, Ally, for over a year teaching English in Sendai. It's moments like these past few weeks {with the NZ quakes and Japan events} that I am truly grateful for technology and the ability to stay connected. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes facebook itself is a blessing. We have been able to keep up with posts and emails from Mel or her family and find peace knowing our friends are safe in the midst of tragedy. While my heart aches for those who have lost family and friends, I pray that they have not lost hope. I know that my friends are there in Japan to bless those around them and be a source of courage during the unknown. Currently, they are safe at the air force base and hopefully finally resting after the countless aftershocks following the earthquake. Please continue to keep Melanie, Ally, their families, and the people of Japan in your thoughts and prayers.
{mel squared circa 2007}
The events in NZ & Japan these past few weeks have brought out my frustrations in American media. Maybe it's because these events are personal. Maybe it's because I have some vested interest in them. Maybe it's because I know someone who has been personally affected. Either way, it makes all of this hullabaloo of Charlie Sheen and the NFL lockout seem straight up ridiculous. Either way, it makes me think about what I do with my time and reminds me to be more thankful for the family and friends I am blessed to have in my life {to be continued in another post}. Thanks for hearing me out!

No comments:
Post a Comment