Ahh, this weekend was fabulous. I love weekends with the mister. He finally had one weekend free from work and we ventured out of town for a short get-away on Friday night. We hit up FW and dined at Brownstone {i heart Top Chef Casey}. The food was so good, Mr. Stringer said it just might be his second favorite meal EVER {after MESA}. We indulged in grandmother's bisquit pan, pork shoulder, chicken stuffed chicken w/ pepperjack cheese grits, and the most amazing polenta {bacon-cheddar-chive}. We highly recommend hitting up this restaurant if you can!
On Saturday, we ventured to the Kimbell Art Museum and the Amon Carter Museum. Both were decent museums {considering they were free} but I wouldn't make a special trip to visit. Following our cultural experiences, we finally checked out the big hype known as Joe T. Garcia's. It was a little chilly and windy, so we missed out on the awesome patio, but overall the food was decent and the margaritas hit the spot.
The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet with pizza and a movie {Invictus} followed by countless episodes on Netflix streaming of my newest additiction {Greek}.
I hope you kids had a fabulous weekend....counting down the days until the next Friday!

1 comment:
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about the Bachelor tell all episode. :)
Really want to try that restaurant in Ft. Worth now...I love that you recommend places to eat! Makes it easy on me when trying to decide where to go for dinner! I need some Chicago suggestions bc we're going on Memorial Day weekend!
Joe T's is all about the patio. If it weren't for the patio it wouldn't be so popular. The food is alright, everyone says the margs are amazing but I'm not a marg fan so I wouldn't know. :)
Preston and I loved Greek! It reminded us so much of college but sadly, Monday night was their final episode and the show has been cancelled. We haven't watched it yet but I'm not expecting much closure because the announcement was pretty sudden. Sad day. It was definitely on a downhill slope but I wish they could have at least had time to end the show properly. Oh well.
Post a Comment